Friday, 14 October 2016

The Untold Story!

Recently, I had the opportunity of watching the amazing biopic on the magnanimous Mahendra Singh Dhoni. ‘MS Dhoni-The Untold Story’, as the name suggests depicts those elements of his life and career that shaped him but which remained hidden from glares of the media. I loved this, especially because MSD is my favorite, he is the reason I watch cricket! But more than that, this sent me into a contemplation regarding my own life. What would be the untold part in my story? I wondered.
All of us dream big, aspire high and think we’ve put in our best possible efforts to achieve that ultimate goal in life. But how many among us would dare to accept that life for us has rather been a bed of roses? I can’t think of a situation where I had struggled to get something, faced rejection, been depressed and yet felt positive. It is easy to merely talk about inspiration and perseverance during happy times, but extremely difficult to implement the same during a low point in life.
Not just in biopics or biographies do we witness such incidents, this is reality. Who has ever achieved something with just a mere dream? It takes blood and sweat to build that dream, to mold oneself in the desired shape. Be it academics, sports or art, there is always an untold story that powers your ambition. Something that may not be known to others and which makes them think you’re just lucky to be successful. But reality is different, and only you know it!
I often sulk at times thinking that perhaps I deserved better. A better college, improved grades and an interesting life (contrary to my current dull existence). But today, when I look back, I feel life has been more than fair. Maybe this is the part of my untold story. The struggle, the rejections that I need to face before I’m capable of accomplishing that goal. No one can foresee the future. But we can all definitely try. So the next time you fail in an endeavor, don’t be discouraged. It’s all a part of this bemusing cycle of Karma. Maybe you didn’t deserve it or perhaps if you deserve something better, it will be this rejection that shapes you. A fragment of your untold story!